Friday, October 3, 2008
Apparently, Harper wants to cut funding for Arts programs, which is obviously not a good thing, except I can't think of how government funds help the Arts anyway. Most of the money that supports the Arts comes from private donors, and they aren't going to stop donating money to local theatres just because Harper thinks that government money is needed somewhere else. I think that civilians just like to feel important by questioning every single little thing the government does and holding rallies to protest something they don't like. Maybe they should try running the government and balancing multi-billion dollar budgets. I'm not saying that the government shouldn't support the Arts, of course they should! Everyone should. I'm just saying that it's not the end of the world, they money will come from somewhere. At least our government isn't trying to surpress the creative spirit, not that that has ever worked for other countries such as the USSR. And at least our theatres are not constently burning down and are not ridden with the black plague.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment